Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mario Party

Well, the Mario Party has come and gone, and all I can say is, "Whew!"  Maybe I'm just lazy, but I don't seem to have the energy for party planning like I used to.

The birthday monkey really enjoyed the day.  He woke up at 7 AM and started asking, "How much longer until my party?"  And he's also been dressed as Mario for the past 3 days.

I must say that Mario behaved himself really well at his party.  I guess the birthday-party-etiquette talk we had earlier really helped.  He was polite and appreciative when opening his gifts, and he shared his new toys without fussing.  I was really proud of him!

We didn't have the Yoshi Egg Hunt after all.  A rainshower popped up right as the party started.  The kids seemed to be having a good time just playing around in Ty's room and on the back porch with some bubbles, so I just let them be.

I cooked up an Italian spread for the guests to munch on...pizza, mozzarella sticks, alfredo meatballs, garlic bread, and spinach dip.  Then we had Mario cake and icecream.



And what about our mustache mugshots?  Well, I think everyone really had a good time with that.  It was funny seeing everyone sporting big, black, hairy, topper lips.  Only Lucy would NOT wear hers.  Oh, and there were a couple of party goers, who shall remain nameless, who stuck their mustaches in some, er, um, interesting places.......

Here we are!

Smashing, don't you think?

Time for presents!



Mom and the Bithday Monkey


2 comments:

  1. Cool party! The birthday monkey makes such a cute little Mario! I love the mustaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is great - do you share 'how to' make the cake details and how to make the mustaches! THis is awesome!

    ReplyDelete