Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Monday, March 28, 2011

More from Texas

I told y’all we spent a few days in Texas last week with the Tool Man. While he was working, the monkeys and I passed the time doing school work and a little bit of shopping. (That’s one of the advantages of homeschooling. Having the freedom to take it with you.)


So what did we buy on our shopping spree? Well, on our first trip a couple of weeks ago, I picked up some summer clothes for Miss Lucy. This time, Ty and I got some clothes.


And you might think this sounds crazy, but Ty and I have already started planning his next birthday party. He’s going to be 7 in May, and he has decided to have a “Angry Birds” themed party. (If you’re not familiar with Angry Birds, it’s one of the most popular apps for the iPad. The Tool Man, Ty, and I are all hooked on this game.) We hit the Dollar Tree and a party store in search of some things we could use for the party. I found a couple of birdhouses on the $1 aisle at Target, and we also found a few things at Michael’s we could use to craft some bird party hats. I’ll share more on this subject as the party approaches.


On our way out of town, the Monkeys and I stopped by the job to pick up Daddy and check out the work he’d been doing.


Surprise, surprise! He’s on the phone. You know how when you were a kid, and you crossed your eyes, and your parents told you they might stick like that. Well, I think the Tool Man’s elbow might be permanently stuck in the “phone” position.


IMG_9003 (800x533)


So here’s what the Tool Man was working on all week. That’s a lot of lumber! He can shimmy across those trusses like he’s walking on solid ground. At 10 or 12 feet off the ground, I get nervous watching him.


IMG_8987 (800x533)


Who says tractors are for boys? Lucy decided to try her hand out at driving a lift. And look at me showing her how to drive that thing. Like I know!


IMG_8996 (800x533)


She had a blast on this thing. When it was time to go, I had to pry her off, kicking and screaming.


IMG_9001 (800x533)


When Ty saw Lucy up there, he got some kind of jealous. But she was determined not to let him sit in that seat with her. Oh, the joys of having two kids! Let the fighting begin.


IMG_9000 (800x533)

No comments:

Post a Comment