Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Burlap Picture Frame

I've been itching to do something crafty, so during naptime yesterday I snagged the opportunity to get my creative juices flowing.  Since the upstairs bedrooms are nearing completion, I decided to make something to go in Lucy's new room.  She's getting an all white, shabby chic room, so I thought a scrappy, burlap frame would be nice...nice and easy and inexpensive.

My supplies:
hot glue gun
scissors
burlap
frame
ribbons, buttons, baubles, etc.


Remove backing and glass from frame.
Cut burlap into 1"-2" strips.


Wrap burlap strips around from of frame and secure with glue.  Be sure not to cover the part where the glass and backing go, or you won't be able to get them back in.


Got it covered!  I want the frame to look a little worn, but it needs a bit of a trim.


Now, that's much better!


Time to beautify.  Ladies, grab your glue guns!


I made these fabric roses a couple of weeks ago.  You can learn more about them here.  They just needed a few little embellishments, and voila!


All done!  What do you think?  Can't wait to see it in Lucy's new room.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's two good looking girls! The frame is ok too I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete