Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, April 30, 2010

Sewing Experiment

I found a tutorial for the cutest and simplest smocked baby romper online the other day and just had to try it out.  You can visit Samster Mommy to see it for yourself.  The instructions are for a romper, but I finished this project as a dresss.  I plan on trying to make a romper next.

The project starts with, get this, an adult t-shirt, and it also calls for elastic thread.  I've never used elastic thread, and I was eager to see how it worked.

I recruited a monkey to help me with the before photo.  Here's what I started with.


The elastic thread....pretty cool, huh?


Ta Da!  Isn't it cute?  And so is the dress.


And the back.......


Work it, girl!  The flower is one that I had saved from one of my old shirts.  A perfect match.  Score one for the frugal mom!


Look out, Lu Lu!  Here comes Buddy.


I know I should have dropped the camera to rescue my baby from all that Buddy-love, but don't worry.  No animals (or babies) were hurt in the making of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment