Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Cruise That Wasn't

I'm in mourning.

I'm supposed to be boarding a cruise ship tomorrow for 7 fun-filled days in the Caribbean.

But I decided that kidney stones would be more fun.....................
So, I won't be cruising anytime soon.  (I'm making boo hooing noises now.)

If you've ever heard that kidney stones are painful...they are.
If you've heard that it's worse than childbirth...it is!

And we aren't talking about, "Hey, that kind of hurt" painful.  We're talking "Jesus, help me!  I need morphine NOW!" painful.

Four days in the hospital, dozens of painkillers, 8 X-rays, 1 surgery, thousands of dollars, and misery out the wahzoo.  Yeah, that's definitely more exciting than some old cruise, right?

The absolute worst thing about this whole experience though...


4 days and nights away from my 2 precious monkeys.  There's no cure for that pain.

Thanks for being patient while I wallow in self-pity.

Still waiting on that stone if you know what I mean ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about ya'lls cruise and all the kidney stone stuff. Been there, done that! Hope you are feeling better. I love the pictures in the garden. They are really cute kiddos! Renea

    ReplyDelete