Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seasons

With all of the excessive, oppressive heat we’ve been experiencing lately, I thought I’d share a few pictures to remind y’all of cooler times.

Remember the ice we had this past January?  It didn’t stick around long, and thankfully it didn’t do much damage, but it did make the trees look like they were made of crystal. 

IMG_8541 (2) (800x533)

IMG_8539 (2) (800x533)

The ice pretty while it lasted, but I’m glad it’s gone.  I’ve had an aversion to ice since the time it knocked out our power and water and caused my family to spend Christmas Eve night in our local Days Inn motel.  Not exactly the place where you want to wake up on Christmas morning.

I must say that if given the choice between hot and cold weather, I’d choose……….

Hot!

Sounds crazy on day like today, but I definitely prefer summer to winter.  Maybe it has something to do with the longer, brighter days.  I do so dread the short, gloomy, gray days of winter.

What about you?  What would you choose?

4 comments:

  1. I like it COLD. You can put on enough clothes to stay warm but you can't take off enough clothes to get cool.........in public anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Tim!!!! Car-Car don't likey sweaty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were gonna say that, Tool Man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a cold weather gal as well. Feel sorta like Tim...

    ReplyDelete