Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, July 8, 2011

To Whom It May Concern

As the monkeys’ birthdays approach each year, I am flooded with questions about what they would like for their birthday. So this year I thought I would make it easy for you grandparents (let’s face it, that’s who I’m talking about here) and give you a few ideas to go on.


You probably read my last post about school, and I’ve run across some things that Lucy could definitely use at Tot School. But don’t worry. They’re all toys. (I’m not that mean!) Nothing too fancy, though. No bells or whistles or batteries required. Just simple toys that will encourage concentration and stretch her mind to learn new things.


ABC Bible Verses


This book has a verse to go along with every letter of the alphabet.


Counting Bears


Counting Bears to help with sorting, counting, colors, patterning, etc.


Lacing Beads-Melissa and Doug


Lacing Beads by Melissa & Doug. Actually there are lots of different sets of beads out there that would be appropriate for Lucy to use.


Lady Bug Letters Puzzle


How cute is this?! Ladybug Letters! Perfect for a Ladybug Party. I might just get this one for her myself!


Play Doh Soft Pack


Good ol’ reliable Play-Doh. Lucy absolutely loves this stuff. She plays and plays with it until it dries up and crumbles, so currently we are all out. She loves making balls and pancakes and snakes. Play-doh is my go-to toy when I need some quiet play time from her.


Do-A-Dot Paint


Do-A-Dot paint. An alternative to painting that Lucy could easily use.


I do hope that this post doesn’t seem too rude. Of course, like any respectable, southern belle I was taught that it’s not polite to ask for presents. But I figure in this case I’m OK since it’s not really for me.


Anyway, I hope this gives you some ideas to go on.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly have made up for lost time this week! So many posts I can hardly keep up!

    ReplyDelete