Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, July 22, 2011

Seeing Stripes

Just wanted to share my latest cake creation with y’all.  It’s a zebra theme cake for a baby shower.

IMG_1019 (2) (532x800)

I used a combination of buttercream and fondant decorations on this cake.  The whole cake was filled and iced in vanilla buttercream.  I cut the zebra stripes out of chocolate fondant and just laid them into place around the edge of the cake.  I freehand cut the zebra out of white fondant and added some chocolate fondant stripes and details.  I think it turned out so cute!  Ty said it looked just like a “baby zebra.”  Perfect!

IMG_1033 (2) (800x533)

IMG_1030 (2) (800x533)

IMG_1022 (2) (800x533)

Now I have to finish Lucy’s ladybug birthday cake.  I made a little ladybug topper for the cake this morning, and Lucy loves it!  I can’t wait to finish the whole cake and see her reaction.  I’ll post some pictures soon, so check back.

I’m linking to:

Weekend Wrap-up Party @ Tatertots and Jello

Inspiration Friday @ the Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is so impressive. I LOVE the zebra! Adorable. Plus I love that you combined fondant and buttercream. Much tastier.

    I found you via TT&J. I am the post two before yours. I am your newest follower! Would love if you checked out my corner of blogland at purplestpecalin.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete